Thursday, February 3, 2011

I Am Confident.

1. 28 and 1.29 and 1.30: Last weekend was a women's retreat here in Jarabacoa. What an amazing weekend it was. I realized on the way there that I have never actually been to a women's retreat, so I started to get a little apprehensive. I mean an entire weekend. With women. I mean don't get me wrong, I love girlfriends, but was this gonna be overboard like what you see in the movies or something. Well, whether I was proved wrong, or I was a part of a cheesy weekend, I still absolutely loved it. The whole weekend was about our Identity in Christ. We all chose different name tags for the weekend. For example, "I am a daughter of God...redeemed...light...forgiven...chosen" etc. etc. The one that I chose was "I am confident." I feel like so many times I worry that I'm not good enough to be here. Or good enough to be teaching at this amazing school. Or good enough to be surrounded by all these incredible people. And yes, it is not me who is "good enough," but I can be confident that Christ has chosen me to do this specific job. Confident that he will use me. Confident in Him. We had so many opportunities to just have some alone time. Quiet time. To really sit and think and pray. It really was much needed. And perfect. I will be looking forward to this weekend again next year. 


[My small group for the weekend. There were some of us from Jarabacoa, some from Santiago, and one from Santo Domingo]

1.31: A little something we call DOL (daily oral language). The students have to correct the sentences. Don't worry I'm not actually that unaware of my grammar. I decided that today called for a special shout out. 

[We are now pen pals with Lauren's 2nd grade class, and I've never seen them more excited. And they were a little confused by the word "unthank." ha]

2.1: Snow day. 

[While you guys are busy wearing 4 jackets and stuck at your house for 3 days, I'm wearing sandals. Ok so I rubbed it in a little, but partly it was out of jealousy I had to post this]

2.3: The pen pals letters arrived! 

[Lauren just had to put how she feels about wearing helmets]

[The kids were literally SO excited. I'm not sure if I quite captured their enthusiasm unfortunately]

3 comments:

  1. I love it! And yes, you should wear a helmet when on a motorcycle and I feel the need to express that multiple times. I am SO excite that the letters got there and they loved them!!! Miss you and wish I was wearing sandals right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's incredible about the pen-pals! What a cute idea! So good to hear that things are going so wonderfully. And Lauren's right, helmets are everybody's best friend. Also, very jealous of the sandals right now. Especially since my toes are frozen at the moment!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you enjoyed your cheesy women's weekend! There's nothing quite like spending dedicated time with Godly women. Bring on the cheese!
    I am seriously jealous of your sandals right now. I was excited to wear my cute new snowboots...for about two days. Now I am so. over. snow.

    ReplyDelete