Monday, February 7, 2011

OLD WINDOW!

2.5: So last semester when I was taking photos for my friends Tim and Whit I found this old window (I posted a pic of it on an earlier post...go take a look). So my and my roommate have been needing to clean it up and chop of the ends. So we finally got around to it this weekend. And let me tell you! It may be my new favorite piece in our house! I mean let's think about it...$0 for the window because I found it in front of some ladies house and she gave it to us. Our friend cut off the ends for us. And the only thing we needed were 2 little screws to screw it on in. I wish that Pottery Barn would let me on their website so I could post one of their pics and say...you don't need to spend $800 on a piece of junk wood. Instead..actually use junk wood! What a novel idea. So as if we were resourceful enough, one of our friends came over and was looking at the pieces we cut off, and being envious over our fabulous window and had the great idea of using one of the pieces as a little shelf! Oh man...I wish you could have seen our excitement. So we painted the bottom a little bit to make it look a little better and voila! 2 for the "price" of one! So take a look....


[my roommate is holding a plant because we plan on putting a plant on that side, but don't actually have one yet. And yes the plant is dead...so we haven't exactly perfected our gardening skills yet. Also we plan on putting other things around it, but just don't know what yet, so if you have any creative suggestions, let me know!]


[check out THAT authentic shabbiness]

[here is our cute little shelf! and my roommate went to Thailand this Christmas to visit her family and brought back these mugs from a pottery factory. MAN I'm really coming to love our house!]

So there you are. DIY and cheap decorating at it's finest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment