Wednesday, February 9, 2011

::I will not boast::

2.9: Wednesday nights are always Bible Study nights. I have come to really really love these nights with the women in my group. Especially this semester the 8 of us have grown to know, challenge and love each other. Tonight all the girl's Bible studies got together just to have a worship night. I have to say that these nights are by far my favorite thing about living here. Whether its staff worship, or worship at someone's house, or all girl's worship. I don't care. I love it all. And every time I am still amazed at how Great God is. I always get this overwhelming feeling of "wow! I could just do this all night long!" Then I remember...oh wait...I DO get to do this forever. In eternity. In his presence. So tonight we sang a lot of songs, but this one in particular, I really just wanted to impress deep on my heart. It tells the story of what we believe. Why we believe. The last chorus is what really hits home for me. I don't really feel the need to comment on it much more because the words speak for themselves. So take a moment. Read them. Listen to them. Believe them.  

How deep the Father's love for us,

How vast beyond all measure
That He should give His only Son
To make a wretch His treasure

How great the pain of searing loss,
The Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the chosen One,
Bring many sons to glory

Behold the Man upon a cross,
My sin upon His shoulders
Ashamed I hear my mocing voice,
Call out among the scoffers

It was my sin that helf Him there
Until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brought me life
I knoww that it is finished

I will not boast in anything
No gifts, no power, no wisdom
But I will boast in Jesus Christ
His death and resurrection

Why should I gain from His reward?
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom

No comments:

Post a Comment