Monday, February 7, 2011

superbowl sunday.

2.6: So this Sunday felt very odd not watching the Superbowl. I realize that it's not that I actually care about either of the teams, or even that I will remember this game a week from now, but it just felt like I was doing something wrong not watching it. Who knows why. Perhaps it was my dad always talking about football and getting so excited about it, or my mom getting excited about it because it's the last football game until next season. Either way, we still celebrated in our own way here. I was able to make yummy Superbowl snacks: lemon cupcakes with strawberries on top...which I realize is not actually that Superbowl-ish..really more girly. O well. And my roomie made some homemade mac and cheese. We headed over to a friend's house who had made some good ol' tailgating games. It was a good way to celebrate. And then today (2.7) I got to watch all the commercials, national anthem, and halftime performance on youtube because let's be honest that's really the only reason why I watch the Superbowl. I have to admit that this commercial made me miss Texas [and HEB] the most. A tad cheesy, but I'll take it.  

[This is me winning Mexican horseshoes...or whatever you call it]

No comments:

Post a Comment