Sunday, August 29, 2010

You never said the road would be easy.

The song of my heart currently: Have Your Way by Britt Nicole


Feels like i`ve been here forever,
Why can`t you just intervene?
Do you see the tears keep falling?
And i`m falling apart at the seams.
But you never said the road would be easy,
But you said that you would never leave.
And you never promised that this life wasn`t hard,
But you promised you`d take care of me.

So I`ll stop searching for the answers,
I`ll stop praying for an escape,
And I`ll trust you,God, with where i am,
And believe that you will have your way.
Just have your way.
Just have your way.

When my friends and my family have left me,
And I feel so ashamed and so cold.
Remind me that you take broken things
And turn them into beautiful.

So I`ll stop searching for the answers,
I`ll stop praying for an escape,
And i`ll trust you, God, with where i am,
And believe that you`ll have your way.
Just have your way.
Just have your way.

Even if my dreams have died,
And even if i don`t survive,
I`ll still worship you with all my life.
My life.

And I`ll stop searching for the answers,
I`ll stop praying for an escape,
And i`ll trust you, God, with where i am,
And believe that you will have your way.
Just have your way.
Just have your way.

I know you will.
I won`t forget.
You love me.
Have your way.
______________________________________________________________________________________________


So I know that it has only been a month since I've been here, I sometimes feel like im drowning. There is just so much going on all the time, so much to do, my mind is always running with trying to translate etc. AND of course being a first year teacher is never easy. Not that I am complaining, because I am so blessed to be in such an incredible school with the best staff/community I could ever ask for, and wonderful family and friends that support me from miles away. But just like the song says "You never said the road would be easy, but you said that you would never leave." So really this is just a blessing in disguise because I have a Great God that is in control of it all, and He has promised that I don't have to try to do this with my own human strength. Thank God. 


On a lighter note...heres a little recap from my week:



[My walk to school]
  • My class is still wonderful. I had my first birthday in the class, Marbelyn. She is seriously adorably tiny. She curls up in her little chair sitting on her knees and its so precious. So to make things even more adorable, she wore my birthday crown for the day that pretty much swallowed her. Were STARTING to get in the swing of things at school, which is good and bad. Good because they know what to expect and what I expect of them, but bad because now they are comfortable enough to be all chatty all the time. Granted I have a class of 14 girls and 4 boys, so you can imagine how chatty it is. I can't blame them because I am a chatty girl too :) 


[Happy 8th Birthday to Marbelyn]

[Centers on Thursday afternoon. They were so excited about these games.]

  • New things this week: Bible study! The girls at school have finally split all up so we could start out Bible study! I am SO excited to really get to know these 7 women and learn from them and really build some deeper relationships. Also, I had my first Spanish lesson! YES! I am taking it with 2 other girls, Robyn and Maggie, and we are taking them from a Columbian lady who has given lessons to teachers in the past. She is really patient and an incredibly sweet lady. We will be having lessons 2 days a week for an hour each. I sure hope this puts me on the fast track to being FLUENT! baha.

  • Friday night was Tim Scarborough's birthday (a fellow Aggie). So him and his wife decided to throw an 80s themed chili cook-off. 80s themed because he was born in the 80s, and chili cook-off because he's from TEXAS! Duh! It was seriously the BEST party! Although Amanda and I didn't win the chili contest with our chili, incredible and spicy chili I might add, it was still a blast. Most everyone dressed up and there was lots of dancing, eating and laughing. Oh and because I didn't quite have any clothes to wear to an 80s party (those clothes didn't quite make the cut in a 2 suitcase limit), Amanda and I went out a bought some very BRIGHT and Dominican-style clothing. See below for the insanity. 
[Our very bright outfits we purchased in Jarabacoa]



[Some girls at the party]



[Brock.Joey.Tim]




[Birthday boy/chili judge testing the chili]

  • Saturday we got a last minute phone call from one of the other teachers, Sara, who asked us if we wanted to go to Santiago to go to La Sirena. Of course we jumped on that! Bonding time with Sara and a free ride to Santiago. Amanda and I laughed as we got semi "dressed up" to go "into town." We figured this must be how small town people feel when they go into town. La Sirena (spanish for mermaid) is somewhat like a giant wal-mart. We spent quite a bit, or maybe it was just quite a bit compared to what we are used to buying in Jarabacoa. But we got some much needed things for our house and some GREAT food. Lunch meat, CHEESE, snacks, sour cream, bagels! Man it was a treat and will continue to be while were eating it for the next couple of weeks! 
[yummy things that were purchased]

[p.s. you can see more of my pictures on facebook if you are interested.]

until next time....



1 comment:

  1. love the shout-out about our partay! glad to hear you had such a wonderful time:) btw, we have the same blog background...LOVE it! looks like we do like the same styles afterall!

    ReplyDelete